jueves, 17 de julio de 2008

Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles

There I was on my local Borders where suddenly, I got the idea of actually staying in touch of the musical world other than watching VH1, MTV, and MTV2. This got me into buying a magazing that I would really like to recomend for Metal Heads and those interested in Heavy metal alike. Move over 100+ Nintendo Power magazine issues, there's a new kid on the block! (No 'New Kids on the block' Boy band pun intended).



Issue number 93

So it happens that I, like I said, bought this magazine simply because I wanted to be intouch with the musical world. I had this magazine and a Rolling Stones magazine with me, but as you can see, I chose 'Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles' instead. The main reason that I didn't pick the Rolling Stones magazine is because of a very ridiculous reason (Which mainly revolves around that Rolling Stones isn't monthly, magazines that aren't monthly drive me incredibly mad).

Now on to the point of why I actually liked the magazine, is because it takes every aspect of Metal into the magazine. I get to be intouch with Black Metal bands (Which is a musical genres that stays underground mostly, because its main emphasis with Satanic lyrics) and underground European bands with no problem. And from what I've seen, I doubt they'd ever made an article of bands that are normally everywhere on other magazines that extremely obnoxious, such as 'My Chemical Romance'.

Another thing that I simply adore of this magazine, is the fact the magazine not only reviews a vast extent of Metal CD's, but also reviews underground unsigned bands (Unsigned bands that send their stuff via mail) and give them constructive criticism. I find that to be very helpful, and I really think that does inspire bands to go and get signed by a record company.

But something altogether, something that bothered me about the magazine (Which is virtually the only think that I can actually say that I hate) is that not most of the pages, but some of them are actually printed in Black and White. This I found somewhat frustrating, because it's a bit, well boring. Only advertisements and important articles are printed in full colour (Which is the vast majorty, I think); however, I like the quality of the paper used for printing the magazine which is atleast something that I consider a very nice detail.

Now, I simply got the issue of this month's being my first, which is issue #111. And I'll continue buying this magazine, because for me, it's very promising. With articles and reviews from bands like 'Judas Priest' and 'Ted Nudget' and being published by Martin Popoff (Dubbed as 'Metal's most recognized journalist') Why not give this magazine a try?



No hay comentarios: