miércoles, 9 de julio de 2008

Angels of the moon~

I'll probably sound like a complete ass for saying what I will right now, this being particular of the new 'You Oughta know' band in VH1 called 'Thriving Ivory' of the Alternative Rock and Piano Rock musical genres. It is a band that recently released their first album on June 24. Although professional reviews haven't stated their opinion on their first music video 'Angels on the Moon', I will. The members are Scot Jason (Piano, Keys), Clayton Stroope (Vocals), Drew Cribley (Guitar), Bret Cohune (Bass), and Paul Nidiermier (Drums, Percussion).




Like I said in the first pharagraph, I know I shall sound like a complete ass, because people have been going ga-ga over this new band and more spefically their music video. Lets first start with the music video itself, and frankly, there's nothing to say about it. Because the music video is so incredibly basic that you really have to ask yourself whether they where actually serious about this being a 'good' video. The video has no real plot at all (Heck, I would've be pleased if they'd atleast did something interesting!) because it featured all of the musicians simply playing their instruments with the lead singer walking around a higway (Doing absolutley nothing!). In reallity, it's a very boring music video that I myself ask why was this featured in the 'You Oughta know artists'.

Now my main complaint around with the band is the vocalist's voice (Clayton Stroope) which is so odd it makes the music video look even odder. It's certenly different from the steryotipical Alternative Rock/Metal vocalist which is usually something great, but in this case it's somewhat dissapointing. I'm on my way to say that the song 'Angels of the Moon' would be better off with a better vocalist, or rather the band itself.

No hay comentarios: